Can you spot a STROKE?
FACE: Ask the person to smile. Does one side of the face droop?
ARMS: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase.
Is their speech slurred or strange?
TIME: If you observe any of these signs, CALL 9-1-1 immediately.
To reduce your risk:
1. Know your blood pressure.
2. Find out whether you have atrial fibrillation.
3. If you smoke, stop.
4. Find out if you have high cholesterol.
5. If diabetic, follow recommendations to control your diabetes.
6. Include exercise in our daily routine.
7. Enjoy a lower-sodium (salt), lower-fat-diet.