Local Professionals Speak at Upcoming Women’s Health Conference
Set for Friday, May 15, the annual Women’s Health Conference is designed to bring community women together for a day of education, inspiration, and FUN! Brazosport Regional Health System and Brazosport College Community Education Center partner each year to host the all day event.
Marci Shimoff, co-author of six Chicken Soup for the Soul books and No. 1 New York Times bestselling author, is the Keynote Speaker at noon, with lunch starting at 11:30 AM. Shimoff will present “The Heart of Happiness,” a presentation that will inspire and motivate audiences to experience happiness every day of their lives, no matter what the circumstance!
Along with the Keynote Speaker, the conference includes a stellar speaker line up that features local physicians and business professionals.
The sessions will help educate women to make informed decisions about their health and well-being:
- HELP! My kids are driving me crazy! How to be a more effective parent.
- Presented by: Cheryl Sellers, Communities in Schools
- The Basics of Insurance
- Presented by: Lisa Cochran, Executive Director of Brazosport Health Alliance
- Wellness for Women
- Presented by: Alisa Berger, MD, Urologist; Ted Kovacev, MD, General Surgeon; Mini Rekhi, DO, Obstetrician/Gynecologist; Na Vang, DO, Family Practitioner
- Alternative Medicine
- Presented by: Marc Herns, LAC, DOM, Acupuncture and Alternative Health Clinic
- Fitness...IS the Fountain of Youth
- Presented by: Merie Abercrombie, CPT, CLC, Best Body by Merie
- Is there a correlation between migraines and stroke?
- Presented by: Forbes Barnwell, M.D., Ph.D., Neurologist at Total Neurology of the Gulf Coast
- Ovarian Cancer: Risk Factors, Screening and Risk Reduction
- Presented by: Samatha Kadiyala, MD, Gynecologic Surgeon and Swetha Yadav, MD, Medical Oncologist
- Caring for the Caregivers
- Presented by: Eileen Pinkerton, Help, Inc., Kirsten Parks, RN, Brazosport Regional Home Health, Fawncyne Worley, Grether Senior Living, and Sherwin Moore, LVN, CAHA, Helping Hands and Hearts Hospice
- Women Helping Women: Using your gifts and talents to make a difference in your community and world.
- Presented by: Jennifer Culverhouse, UrbanEve Salon & Boutique
- Skin Cancer Prevention
- Presented by: Jennifer Kucera, FNP-C, Brazosport Regional Family Medicine Center
- Helping Teens Thrive
- Presented by: Beverly Bernzen, MSW, LCSW
- Sports and Children
- Presented by: Charles Vega, MD, Orthaepedic Surgeon at The Bone and Joint Clinic of Lake Jackson
- Invest in Your Legacy through Mentoring
- Presented by: Meredith King, True to Life Ministries
- Estate Planning for the Heart
- Presented by: Leslie Sosebee, Health Strategy Specialist at The Dow Chemical Company and Linda McCrery, Family and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at The Dow Chemical Company
For a day of seminars, screenings, networking and lunch, the registration fee is $20. For more information about the Conference or to register, please call 979-230-3600 or click here.