Annual Women’s Health Conference Includes Stellar Speaker Line Up
Set for Wednesday, May 21st, the annual Southern Brazoria County
Women's Health Conference is designed to bring community women together
for a day of education, inspiration, and FUN! Brazosport Regional
Health System and Brazosport College Community Education Center partner
each year to host the all-day event.
This year the conference will feature Kathleen Passanisi, a recipient of the Lifetime Achievement award in the field of therapeutic humor who has helped thousands change their outlooks and their lives through enlightening and entertaining programs. If the stress in your life makes you want to cry, her program, Ladies, Life, and Laughter, will help you learn to laugh instead! Life can be easier and a lot more fun when you know how to fill it with laughter and humor.
Along with the Keynote Speaker, the conference includes a stellar speaker line up for the breakout sessions. The sessions will help educate women to make informed decisions about their well-being.
Wellness for Women
– Dr. Samatha Kadiyala, Dr. Alisa Berger, Dr. Michael Palmer and Jennifer Kucera, FNP-C.
How Does a Woman Today Cope with a Painful Knee, Shoulder, or Hip
– Dr. Charles Vega, Orthopaedic Surgeon
– Dr. Stephanie Herrera, ENT
Influence of Weight on Women’s Health
– Dr. Mini Rehki, Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Enrich Your Life through Volunteerism
– Meredith King, True Life Ministries; Tess Holtzclaw, United Way; Terri Willis, Brazoria County Dream Center; and Tracy Soileau, Elmcroft Assited Living
No Time for Stress
– Shelley Moody, Brazosport College
Why Can’t My Child Make a Good Decision
– Cheryl Sellers, Communities in Schools
Risks and Benefits of Hormone Therapy
– Ashlee Williams, Pharmacist at Walgreens
Fit 2 Live – Fit 2 Laugh – Fit 2 Love
– Merie Abercrombie, Best Body by Merie
HPV: What Women Need to Know
– Megan Curran, Hologic
Stress-Free Nutrition for Success
– Beate Damm, Best Body Bootcamp Fitness
– Kerry Drabek, First State Bank
Answers for the Hard to Ask Questions
– Jeanette Taylor, NAMI Gulf Coast; Carie Fletcher, BACODA; Joe Gardzina, ADAPT Programs
Heart and Home
– Katherine Ashby, Feng Shui Houston
For a day of seminars, screenings, networking and lunch, the registration fee is $20. For more information about the Conference or to register, please call 979-230-3600 or visit www.Brazosport.edu/ce.